Oh my God! I had no idea! Thanks for the heads up Tim.
My thoughts and prayers for Robert's complete and rapid recovery! As well as to Cherie and Jake who, I'm sure, are worried sick.
I am so sorry to hear this news!
Gus
the great actor robert hays broke his neck in a surfing accident in kauai, hawaii on christmas eve. luckily he held his head rigid to keep his spinal cord from severing which is what paralized christopher reeve. he maybe awaiting an operation ,depending on what dr.s think. he has his head and neck in a "halo" to keep his spinal cord from being damamged any more. lets all pray for a full speedy and quick recovery.!robert hays is our cherie's ex and jake's dad.
Oh my God! I had no idea! Thanks for the heads up Tim.
My thoughts and prayers for Robert's complete and rapid recovery! As well as to Cherie and Jake who, I'm sure, are worried sick.
I am so sorry to hear this news!
Gus
I am deeply sorry to hear that...
Very best wishes of a rapid and smooth recovery to Robert Hayes - I hope he will be feeling better very soon.
My thoughts and heart to Cherie Currie and her son Jake Hayes, everything is going to be alright mates.
Best wishes
Kindest regards,
Lory
x
Thanks Tim for the heads up on this. Like it said in the reports, luckily Robert kept his wits about him and knew what to do to keep it from going bad to worse!
To Cherie and Jake, I hope everything is better than it sounded in the initial reports. Keep your head up and be strong for your Dad, Jake. He'll been needing your love and support.
Mike
PS: If anyone finds any updates to this, please post it.
Man that's terrible new's.i'll sure be keeping
him and his family.in my prayer's.
I'm so sorry to hear this terrible news. I will add him & his family to our prayer list.
I met Robert, the night that Cherie performed at the Palamino Club, He seemed to be a nice guy and joked with me as I had Cherie sign a poster.
Dear Bob. We love you, and send all our prayers and very best wishes for a speedy recovery.
C&S XXOOXXOO
Here is an article I found. Thank God he knew what to do!
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Surfersvillage Global Surf News, 5 January, 2007 : - - Airplane star Robert Hays is lucky to be able to walk after a Christmas Eve (24DEC06) surfing accident in Hawaii almost left him with a severed spine. The 59-year-old actor, who played TED STRIKER in the highflying cult comedy, fell awkwardly from his board during a winter vacation on Kauai and only his knowledge of spinal injuries and his determination not to end his life as a cripple saved him.
Pal Mickey Miller, who raced Hays to hospital after his fall, states the actor knew immediately what had happened and, although he was in agony, he knew what to do to keep his bat`tered spine attached. Miller tells US tabloid National Enquirer, "Somehow he knew to hold his neck rigid by gripping his head by his ears with both hands. "The doctors told us that if he'd twisted his head a fraction, his spinal cord would have been severed."
yeh being a quad or paraplegic is about the worst thing i can think of besides being blind, all this money spent on wars and space and other ********, we could find cures for this aids and more. yet we pay corporate thieves to set up companies for take over by running them into the ground so they can be merged or taken over, millions. go figure. think i might have to start drinking again. been a long hour!
A friend of my younger brother once broke his neck sliding down a water slide. However, the nerve remained undamaged, and while he was in hospital for a couple of months and had restricted movement for a while, he made a full recovery and is fully active to this day. Here's hoping we get the same result for Robert Hays.
Bookmarks